-
August 18th, 2002, 05:52 PM
#1
HB Forum Owner
Listen up...this is the only time you will see the softer side of ek3...
When I first heard of the Board of the Month contest all I could think of was how bad I wanted it...I mean, what a prestigious honor...as I sat at work...all I could do was day dream about having the BOTM crest...stamped upon my board...I was so happy...Then I come to my board and see...I am one of the 5 finalists!...my heart raced...I went to the post and saw boards I am up against...I see the competition is stiff, but I stay in high hopes...I realize that I have no exclusive posters...all my posters are pretty much from other boards...but I tried to not let that bother me...then I clicked on the results thus far...how many votes do I have?...0...that is right noone appreciates my board enough to vote for it...it breaks my heart...all the work I do...to write stories about my experiences that I feel others will enjoy is in vain...all the work I put into giving someone a laugh as they sit at their boring, hated job is in vain...all the love I give to all that post here and to each and every post is in vain...I hate to say this, but I don't think I can ever be the same after this...my heart is broken...a man's dream has been shattered...and I don't see any way of moving on with my life... [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]
-
August 18th, 2002, 05:55 PM
#2
HB Forum Owner
going for a sympathy vote?
-
August 18th, 2002, 06:22 PM
#3
HB Forum Owner
You cocky bitch...come here to rub it in because you have votes...well, I hate you...that post was from the heart...and you come over here with your fancy votes...and throw them in my face...that is wrong and very, very mean...
-
August 18th, 2002, 06:24 PM
#4
HB Forum Owner
-
August 18th, 2002, 07:02 PM
#5
HB Administrator
Well, you have a couple votes now. Just because you don't (and I'm not saying you won't) win this time, doesn't mean you'll never win. [img]smile.gif[/img] It was totally unfair (and I admit that) this month. But that's because we started way too late. Next month we will focus on the smaller boards that enter. We generally try to rotate it each month.
You have an excellent board here, don't let it die just because of some stupid contest. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
August 18th, 2002, 07:08 PM
#6
HB Forum Owner
awwwww, CC is so nice.
i assure ya that as long as i am allowed
to post here, JN will never die...
...it may flop around fatally wounded,
but not die!!!
and i agree about the 'fairness'...
i think there should (occassionally) be two
awards: one for each size boards... maybe
have a post(er) limit as a guide. *shrugs*
all i know is...
grouping the first *starter* poll with the
DD board was almost assuring a winner. [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
August 18th, 2002, 08:03 PM
#7
HB Forum Owner
Shatzy is right..The DD board is way too over my head..*L..better luck for us next time maybe..
OH..btw..Shatzy looking good.. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
<font color="#e2f137" size="1">[ August 18, 2002 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Blazey ]</font>
-
August 18th, 2002, 09:51 PM
#8
HB Administrator
I'm now actually considering reworking the contest into something else. Possibly something random. I don't think Board of the Month was a good idea at all.
-
August 18th, 2002, 10:00 PM
#9
HB Forum Owner
no jab to the DD board... but i think
that the rest of the boards in the contest
were pretty much on a fair level. =)
the problem is...
you got the ball rolling. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
and they won't stop until they are
the winner... that's what i meant by
'compassion'. it takes a ton of dedication
to vote like that.
my friends have dedication, it just costs
me food and alcohol. [img]wink.gif[/img]
i almost pulled from the contest when i
saw the DD board got in. i just knew i'd
not stand a chance.
i still stand by my original post in the BOTM,
call it a draw:
either dismiss it entirely or award an icon
to everyone for effort.
=) you have sweet concerns, CC.
<font color="#e2f137" size="1">[ August 18, 2002 07:03 PM: Message edited by: shatzy ]</font>
-
August 18th, 2002, 10:20 PM
#10
HB Forum Owner
ok... i'm obsessed... so shoot me [img]tongue.gif[/img]
i did some calculations.
the DD board has roughly 13, 893 posts
at the time of my post.
if we were to COMBINE the remaining
boards, the post total comes to roughly
15, 277... a difference of 1, 384.
now i know posts are completely different
than postERs... but i think its safe to say
that the current difference between the
DD board and ALL the others will be short-lived
within the next few days.
i have been watching the new registration IDs
today, and quite a few have been for the DD board.
*please note: i'm not insinuating that they are
stacking the vote, by any means...
just that the potential for more posters to
support the 'cause' is much more than that
of the rest.
ok...
i'm through being gay for the moment.
thank you and goodnight [img]wink.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks